Curt Heffelfinger has served as pastor-teacher at Orlando Grace Church since January of 2003. He has ministered at three other churches, including a church planting effort, since graduating from seminary in 1982. He holds a B.A. degree in Liberal Studies from the University of Central Florida, a Master of Divinity from Campus Crusade for Christ International School of Theology (now closed) and a Doctor of Ministry from Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando. He lives with Nancy, his wife and wellness consultant, in Altamonte Springs. They have one son and five grandchildren. You can view his blog posts here.
Mike serves as Associate Pastor of Administration at OGC. He holds a B.S. in Religious Studies from University of Florida and a Master of Divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary. Mike is married to Sara, who is a professional photographer. Mike sporadically blogs at Modern Pensées.
Kurt Bowerman serves as an elder at Orlando Grace Church. Kurt has served in the past as Associate National Director at Cru Global (Campus Crusade for Christ) and now is co-owner of two businesses – All Things Maintenance and a home remodeling company. Kurt is married to Wendy and they have four children.
Ted serves as an elder at Orlando Grace Church and oversees the church’s expanding small group ministry. Ted and Kathy lead a Community Group that meets in their home and they use their home extensively for ministry. Ted has a degree in Business from Florida State University and serves as the General Manager of America’s Office Source, a network of independent office products dealers. The Herrbachs have three married children (two daughters / a son) and is fondly known as “GP” to eleven grandkids. They have been involved in ministry throughout 45 years of marriage. They have a passion to see believers growing in their relationship with God and reproducing their lives in others.
Dan Humbert has served as an elder at Orlando Grace Church since January of 2012. Dan became a Christian while attending Michigan State University where he met his wife Carrie. They were married in the MSU campus chapel in 1987. They have four kids, three in college and one in high school. Dan has lead small group bible studies since his early Christian days, was part of a church plant in Chicago, and leads the Oviedo Community Group at OGC. Dan’s prior job relocated him to the Orlando area in 1999. He currently works for the YMCA of Central Florida as Director of Information Technology.
Chuck Mitchell and his wife, Pam, have worshiped at Orlando Grace Church since 1992. Chuck has served as Deacon, Sunday School Teacher, Community Group Leader and Elder. He graduated from the University of Florida with a BA in Political Science and earned his MBA from the Florida Institute of Technology. Chuck is a former US Navy Surface Warfare Officer. Currently, Chuck serves clients and his employees as an owner of a commercial real estate firm. Chuck and Pam have lived in Altamonte Springs since 1986 and host a Tuesday night Growth Group. They have three grown children and three grandchildren.
Will Powell has served as an elder at Orlando Grace Church since January of 2012. He has been working, coaching and teaching young people, at Orangewood Christian School, since graduating from seminary in 2006. He holds a B.S. degree in Business Administration from Clearwater Christian College and a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies from Reformed Theological Seminary, Oviedo campus. Will is married to Sarah, homemaker and part time administrator. They have two children, a son, Josiah, and a daughter, Alida.
Colby Wilkins serves as the OGC Youth Director. He has worked with youth as both an English teacher in Taiwan (2010-11) and a summer camp counselor in Maryland (2004-08). He holds a B.A. in Philosophy from Covenant College and is pursuing his M.Div. with a counseling emphasis at Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS) with an expected graduation date of December 2015. Colby is a Chaplain Candidate with the U.S. Air Force and expects to be a Reserve Chaplain upon graduating from RTS. Colby is happily married to Kathryn, who is pursuing an M.A. in Counseling from RTS and working part-time as an admissions representative for RTS.
Susan Woods serves as the Music Facilitator for OGC. She has a degree in Music from Florida State University. She has been married to Randy Woods for 25 years and they have 4 children. Randy works as the Technical Director for Z88.3, a local Christian radio station.
Engaging peoples everywhere to pursue ultimate satisfaction in Jesus.
By God’s grace and in the power of His Spirit we will seek as a body to accomplish this mission by (forms the acrostic BRIDE as the church is the bride of Christ (John 3:29) on mission in the world):
1. Building Bridges – to share the gospel by moving into the lives of people within our various locales – places where we live, work, play (Col. 4:5-6)
2. Reproducing Churches – to multiply congregations near and far which share our mission and values, cooperating with others who do the same (Matt. 16:18)
3. Interceding in Prayer – to see God raise up laborers for a spiritual harvest and bring many to Christ among all people groups of the world (Matt. 9:36-37; 1 Tim. 2:1-2)
4. Developing Disciples – to achieve spiritual maturity through participation in comprehensive training for all aspects of the Christian life (2 Tim. 2:2)
5. Evangelizing Peoples – to further the completion of the Great Commission around the globe through strategic sending and going (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
Characteristics of engaging this way within a community include:
• Its peoples, in increasingly greater numbers from every walk of life, turn from sin and its inferior pleasures by pursuing ultimate satisfaction in God through Christ, joining His church, the body, as members passionately engaged in ministries of Word and works.
• Its believers progressively grow in pursuing their joy in God resulting in increased knowledge of Him practicing spiritual disciplines, obedience to His revealed will demonstrating utmost integrity, practice of His impartial love engaging sacrificially in relationships, faith in His promises taking God-honoring risks, and strength in His power walking in the Holy Spirit.
• Its churches regularly cooperate in the unity of the Spirit, as the greater body of Christ, for the planting of additional like-minded churches, serving the spiritual and practical needs of the community, and promoting justice for the powerless and reconciliation among the estranged.
• Its culture (educational, judicial, political, financial, and social structures) gradually reflects increasingly greater conformity to kingdom values as revealed in the Word of God.
Our ten core values are summarized below in the form of an acrostic spelling out PRIORITIES in keeping with these items as the priority values driving our choices behind our ministry.
Passion for God
Outreach to the lost
Redemptive community (peacemaking & counseling)
Transforming culture (godly families)
Investing spiritual gifts
Statement of Faith
We subscribe to the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith.