Engaging peoples everywhere to pursue ultimate satisfaction in Jesus.
By God’s grace and in the power of His Spirit we will seek as a body to accomplish this mission by (forms the acrostic BRIDE
as the church is the bride of Christ (John 3:29) on mission in the world):
- Building Bridges – to share the gospel by moving into the lives of people within our various locales – places where we live, work, play (Col. 4:5-6)
- Reproducing Churches – to multiply congregations near and far which share our mission and values, cooperating with others who do the same (Matt. 16:18)
- Interceding in Prayer – to see God raise up laborers for a spiritual harvest and bring many to Christ among all people groups of the world (Matt. 9:36-37; 1 Tim. 2:1-2)
- Developing Disciples – to achieve spiritual maturity through participation in comprehensive training for all aspects of the Christian life (2 Tim. 2:2)
- Evangelizing Peoples – to further the completion of the Great Commission around the globe through strategic sending and going (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
Characteristics of engaging this way within a community include:
- Its peoples, in increasingly greater numbers from every walk of life, turn from sin and its inferior pleasures by pursuing ultimate satisfaction in God through Christ, joining His church, the body, as members passionately engaged in ministries of Word and works.
- Its believers progressively grow in pursuing their joy in God resulting in increased knowledge of Him practicing spiritual disciplines, obedience to His revealed will demonstrating utmost integrity, practice of His impartial love engaging sacrificially in relationships, faith in His promises taking God-honoring risks, and strength in His power walking in the Holy Spirit.
- Its churches regularly cooperate in the unity of the Spirit, as the greater body of Christ, for the planting of additional like-minded churches, serving the spiritual and practical needs of the community, and promoting justice for the powerless and reconciliation among the estranged.
- Its culture (educational, judicial, political, financial, and social structures) gradually reflects increasingly greater conformity to kingdom values as revealed in the Word of God.